- The European Commission has approved Sanofi SA SNY Enjaymo (sutimlimab) for hemolytic anemia in adult patients with cold agglutinin disease (CAD).
- CAD is a rare chronic autoimmune hemolytic anemia, where the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy red blood cells, rupturing them (hemolysis).
- Related: Europe Approves Sanofi, GSK's Beta Variant Adapted COVID Shot As Booster.
- Enjaymo is currently the only approved treatment for CAD. It is a first-in-class humanized monoclonal antibody designed to selectively target and inhibit the classical complement pathway-specific serine protease, C1s.
- The approval is based on data from two Phase 3 trials - CADENZA and CARDINAL.
- In the CADENZA Part A study, Enjaymo met its primary composite endpoint and all secondary endpoints. It demonstrated hemolysis inhibition, hemoglobin levels increase, and clinically meaningful improvement in Fatigue scores.
- Also Read: Dupixent, Flu Vaccine Demand Boost Sanofi's Q3 Earnings, Lifts Annual Outlook.
- Price Action: SNY shares are up 0.18% at $43.94 on the last check Thursday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.