- Immunic Inc IMUX has reported newly available data from its phase 2 EMPhASIS trial of lead asset, vidofludimus calcium (IMU-838), in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).
- During the 24-week treatment period, 12-week and 24-week Confirmed Disability Worsening (12w/24wCDW) events occurred in 1.6% of subjects in the combined vidofludimus calcium treatment arms as compared to 3.7% in the placebo group.
- Related: Immunic's Early Cut Data From Psoriasis Candidate Failed To Show Desired Activity Signal Over Placebo.
- In the open-label extension (OLE) phase, the proportion of patients free from 12wCDW was 97.6% after 48 weeks and 94.5% after 96 weeks of vidofludimus calcium treatment.
- Similar results were observed for 24wCDW and sustained CDW. The OLE phase also showed low relapse activity.
- Long-term open-label treatment with vidofludimus calcium was associated with a low rate of confirmed disability worsening over time and compares favorably to historical trial data for currently available multiple sclerosis medications.
- Price Action: IMUX shares are up 9.22% at $1.55 during the premarket session on the last check Thursday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.