- Novavax Inc NVAX announced topline results from its Phase 3 trial of updated COVID-19 shot against BA.1 strain meeting the primary strain-change endpoint.
- The data demonstrate that the BA.1 vaccine candidate neutralizing responses in those not previously exposed to COVID-19 were greater than those of the prototype vaccine.
- Immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody responses against BA.1 and prototype strains showed similar responses across the three vaccine groups.
- Related: FDA Gives Emergency Nod To Novavax's Adjuvanted COVID-19 Booster Dose.
- The BA.5 strain pseudoneutralization responses demonstrated no benefit for the BA.1 or bivalent vaccine candidates compared to the prototype vaccine in the overall trial population.
- Overall, the data demonstrated that the prototype vaccine induced a broad immune response against the original prototype, BA.1, and BA.5 strains.
- Pseudoneutralization responses against BA.5 for the prototype vaccine were comparable to those induced by the more closely matched BA.1 vaccine and bivalent vaccine candidates.
- When given as a second booster dose (fourth dose), all three vaccine formulations were similarly well-tolerated, consistent with the well-established safety profile of the prototype vaccine.
- Price Action: NVAX shares are up 3.01% at $20.01 on the last check Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.