- Mizuho Securities assumes coverage of Axsome Therapeutics Inc AXSM, with a Buy rating and a price target of $76, representing a 25% upside from the last close is 55% above the initial price target of $49.
- The analyst is conservative on revenues relative to consensus over the near- and mid-term. It is also below consensus on the cost/expense side, finding merit in Axsome's disciplined spending approach.
- Related: Boxed Warnings May Not Hinder This Depression Drug's Broad Market Penetration, Analyst Says.
- Mizuho sees modest novelty in AXSM's candidates, and the markets it addresses feature meaningful branded and generic competition.
- The analyst also notes that a potentially significant opportunity exists given large markets (e.g., major depressive disorder and migraine) and limited efficacy seen with current standards of care.
- Price Action: AXSM shares are up 0.22% at $60.92 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.