- Tucked in its Q2 earning release, Neurocrine Biosciences Inc NBIX said that in August, the Phase 2a study of NBI-827104 in essential tremor did not meet specified endpoints.
- Based on the totality of data from the Phase 2a study, at this time, the company will not proceed further with the clinical development of NBI-827104 in essential tremors.
- The FDA has signed off Neurocrine's Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for a Phase 2 trial of NBI-1117568 for schizophrenia.
- The achievement triggers a $30 million payment to Neurocrine's partner Sosei Heptares.
- NBI-1117568 is an oral, selective muscarinic M4 receptor agonist in development for treating schizophrenia and other neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Clinical studies completed to date have shown NBI-1117568 to be generally well tolerated.
- Q2 sales increased 31% Y/Y to $378.2 million, and Ingrezza product sales were $350 million, with total prescriptions of approximately 64,200.
- Net product sales and TRx grew 32% and 31%, respectively, vs. the second quarter of 2021.
- The company raised the FY22 Ingrezza sales outlook to $1.35 billion - $1.4 billion, higher than the $1.25 billion - $1.35 billion expected earlier.
- Price Action: NBIX shares are up 4.94% at $100.67 during the market session on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.