- Novartis AG NVS announced results from the Phase 3 RATIONALE 306 trial of tislelizumab plus chemotherapy in patients with unresectable, locally advanced recurrent or metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC).
- The data showed that the tislelizumab / chemo combo significantly improved overall survival (OS) as a first-line treatment, regardless of PD-L1 status versus chemotherapy.
- Tislelizumab combo demonstrated a median OS of 17.2 months versus 10.6 months in patients receiving chemotherapy plus placebo and reduced the risk of death by 34%.
- Read Next: FDA Approves Novartis' Tafinlar + Mekinist Broadening BRAF/MEK Cancer Combo Use.
- In patients with a PD-L1 score ≥10% (secondary endpoint), tislelizumab plus chemotherapy showed a median OS of 16.6 months versus 10.0 months and reduced the risk of death by 38%.
- Tislelizumab plus chemotherapy also significantly improved progression-free survival (7.3 months vs. 5.6 months) and objective response rate (63.5% vs. 42.4%)
- The incidence of treatment-related adverse events (TRAEs) was similar in both arms. The most common TRAEs for tislelizumab plus chemotherapy were anemia, decreased neutrophils, white blood cell count & appetite, nausea, and peripheral sensory neuropathy.
- In January 2021, BeiGene Ltd BGNE collaborated with Novartis for the clinical development and marketing of tislelizumab in North America, Europe, and Japan.
- Price Action: NVS shares are down 0.97% at $83.95 during the premarket session on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.