- Allergan, an AbbVie Inc ABBV company, announced topline data from Phase 3 VIRGO trial evaluating Vuity (pilocarpine HCl ophthalmic solution) 1.25% in adults with presbyopia, age-related blurry near vision.
- The study met its primary efficacy endpoint, improving near vision without compromising distance vision at Hour 9 (3 hours after the second drop) on Day 14.
- The trial was assessed twice-daily administration of Vuity.
- Additional details of this trial will be presented at future medical congresses. It will serve as the basis for a supplemental marketing application submission for an optional twice-daily administration to the FDA in Q2 of 2022.
- Approved by the FDA in October 2021 for once-daily use, Vuity is the first and only eye drop to treat age-related blurry near vision in adults.
- A statistically significant proportion of participants treated with VUITY twice daily gained three lines (the ability to read three additional lines on a near vision chart) or more in mesopic (low light), high contrast, binocular Distance Corrected Near Visual Acuity (DCNVA) with no more than 5-letter loss in low light Corrected Distance Visual Acuity (CDVA) versus the vehicle (placebo).
- Price Action: ABBV shares are up 1.36% at $164.10 during the market session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.