- Compass Pathways plc CMPS has announced results from Phase 2b trial of COMP360 psilocybin therapy for treatment-resistant depression.
- The study has achieved its primary endpoint for the highest dose, with a 25mg dose of COMP360 demonstrating a highly statistically significant and clinically relevant reduction in depressive symptom severity after three weeks, with rapid and durable treatment response.
- The 10mg vs. 1mg dose did not show a statistically significant difference at week 3.
- At least twice the number of patients in the 25mg group showed a response and remission at week 3 and week 12, compared with the 1mg group.
- COMP360 was generally well tolerated, with more than 90% of treatment-emergent adverse events being mild or moderate in severity.
- The Company plans to start a pivotal phase 3 program in 2022.
- Compass posted a Q3 EPS loss of $(0.38) higher than $(1.30) a year ago.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $294.0 million.
- Price Action: CMPS shares up 7.78% at $39.71 during the premarket session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: BiotechCannabisEarningsNewsHealth CareSmall CapMarketsMoversTrading IdeasGeneraldepressionPhase 2 TrialPsychedelics
BENZINGA CANNABIS CONFERENCE
Meet the biggest cannabis industry players and make deals that will push the industry forward.
Featuring live company presentations, insider panels, and unmatched access to networking, the Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference is where cannabis executives and entrepreneurs meet.
Join us April 11-12, 2023 at Fontainebleau Miami Beach in sunny Florida.