- The FDA has accepted Agios Pharmaceuticals Inc's AGIO marketing application seeking approval for mitapivat for pyruvate kinase (PK) deficiency.
- Under Priority Review designation, the agency's action date is assigned as of February 17, 2022.
- Related: Agios Pharma Files US Application For Mitapivat In PK Deficiency.
- Mitapivat application is under review with the European Medical Agency for the same indication.
- Pyruvate kinase (PK) deficiency is a rare, inherited disease that presents chronic hemolytic anemia, the accelerated destruction of red blood cells.
- Related content: Benzinga's Full FDA Calendar.
- Price Action: AGIO shares closed 2.38% higher at $44.65 on Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.