- Synaptogenix Inc SNPX stock is plunging on heavy volume in reaction to the release of additional analyses of its Alzheimer's candidate bryostatin, showing that it missed primary endpoints.
- The analyses were based on the results of two clinical studies.
- Data were presented at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC). An abstract of the analyses showed that one study suffered from baseline imbalance.
- Another study was impacted by AbbVie Inc's ABBV Namenda (memantine) blocking bryostatin efficacy, according to Synaptogenix.
- However, the pooled analyses showed that the two studies produced a highly significant statistical separation of the bryostatin group from the placebo group.
- Price Action: SNPX shares are down 19.6% at $9.73 during the market session on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.