- In December 2019, Kodiak Sciences Inc KOD entered into a funding agreement with Baker Bros Advisors LP, wherein Baker Bros agreed to fund up to $225 million in exchange for the right to 4.5% royalties on Kodiak’s potential future net sales of KSI-301 and certain other products.
- The royalty was capped at 4.5 times the total amount funded under the Funding Agreement.
- By February 2020, Baker Bros funded $100 million, with the remaining $125 million to be provided after achieving specified criteria.
- At Kodiak’s request, Baker Bros acknowledged and confirmed that the second funding amount would not be paid, and the aggregate royalty cap would be reduced from around $1 billion to $450 million.
- The request was made in light of, among other factors, Kodiak’s strong balance sheet and its clinical trial progress.
- As of March, the cash balance stood at $929 million.
- Price Action: KOD shares are down 3.8% at $84.77 during the premarket session on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.