- Aethlon Medical Inc AEMD stock surged probably in reaction to Zacks Article 'AEMD: First Ever In Vivo Removal Of COVID Virus From Bloodstream Of An Infected Patient.'
- The company recently announced the positive results from using its Hemopurifier in treating two critically ill COVID-19 patients, which is available under the FDA emergency use authorization (EUA).
- The first patient was administered the Hemopurifier treatment daily, with adequate tolerance of the procedure and no signs of an allergic reaction, thrombotic complications, or hemolysis.
- After the treatment, no demonstrable COVID-19 viremia, the active circulation of the virus in the bloodstream, was observed in the patient.
- The treatment improved COVID-19 associated coagulopathy (CAC), lung injury, inflammation, and tissue injury.
- Consequently, the company believes that the treatment can potentially remove exosomes with noxious microRNA cargo, resulting in patient recovery.
- The second patient with coronary artery disease and diabetes, among other disorders, also had acute kidney injury, demonstrated in vivo removal of SARS-CoV-2 virus from the bloodstream of an infected patient.
- The patient completed a six-hour Hemopurifier treatment without complications.
- Price Action: AEMD shares are up 470.1% at $12.60 during the premarket session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.