Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours:
Scaling The Peaks
(Biotech stocks hitting 52-week highs on Nov. 20)
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ALNY(announced FDA approval for its Givlaari for treating adults with acute hepatic porphyria)
- Amgen, Inc. AMGN (announced elimination of 172 more jobs)
- Antares Pharma Inc ATRS
- Aravive Inc ARAV(reacted to positive data on ovarian cancer drug candidate)
- Arvinas Inc ARVN
- Axsome Therapeutics Inc AXSM
- Beigene Ltd BGNE
- BIO-TECHNE Corp TECH
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. Class A BIO
- BridgeBio Pharma Inc BBIO
- Cue Biopharma Inc CUE
- DexCom, Inc. DXCM
- Epizyme Inc EPZM
- Galera Therapeutics Inc GRTX(IPOed Nov. 7)
- Gossamer Bio Inc GOSS
- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. HALO
- Horizon Therapeutics PLC HZNP
- Incyte Corporation INCY
- Insulet Corporation PODD
- Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc KPTI
- Kodiak Sciences Inc KOD
- Nevro Corp NVRO
- OptiNose Inc OPTN
- Reata Pharmaceuticals Inc RETA
- ResMed Inc. RMD
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. SGEN
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated VRTX
- XBiotech Inc XBIT
Down In The Dumps
(Biotech Stocks Hitting 52-week lows on Nov. 20)
- Acorda Therapeutics Inc ACOR
- Aethlon Medical, Inc. AEMD
- Affimed NV AFMD
- ANCHIANO THERAP/S ADR ANCN
- Capricor Therapeutics Inc CAPR
- Checkpoint Therapeutics Inc CKPT(announced pricing of common stock offering)
- ENDRA Life Sciences Inc NDRA
- Genprex Inc GNPX(announced $1.26 million registered direct offering)
- Guardion Health Sciences Inc GHSI
- Helius Medical Technologies Inc HSDT
- Idera Pharmaceuticals Inc IDRA
- Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Inc INNT
- Invivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp NVIV
- Jaguar Health Inc JAGX
- KemPharm Inc KMPH
- Midatech Pharma PLC-ADR MTP
- Mirum Pharmaceuticals Inc MIRM
- Novavax, Inc. NVAX
- Ocugen Inc OCGN
- Onconova Therapeutics Inc ONTX
- Phio Pharmaceuticals Corp PHIO
- Plus Therapeutics Inc PSTV
- Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. REXN
- Salarius Pharmaceuticals Inc SLRX
- Seneca Biopharma Inc SNCA
- Titan Pharmaceuticals, Inc. TTNP
- Unum Therapeutics Inc UMRX
- Vir Biotechnology Inc VIR (reacted to its third-quarter results)
- Viveve Medical Inc VIVE
- X T L Biopharmaceuticals Ltd XTLB
Stocks In Focus
Cellectis Wins Patent Challenge On Method Used In CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing
Cellectis SA CLLS said the European Patent EP3004337, which was challenged in May 2018, was upheld by the European Patent Office. The patent pertains to a method of preparing T-cells for immunotherapy using the CRISPR-Cas9 system, and was initially granted to the company Aug. 2, 2017.
The stock rose 5.05% to $13.74 in after-hours trading.
Therapix Receives Delisting Notice From Nasdaq
Therapix Biosciences Ltd – ADR TRPX has received a written notice of delisting from the Nasdaq, with the company found flouting the listing standards regarding shareholders' equity requirement. Consequently, the company's ADSs will be suspended from trading on the Nasdaq at the opening of trading Nov. 29. Therapix said it intends to appeal the decision.
The stock declined 10.10% to $1.35 in after-hours trading.
Hepion's Anti-fibrotic Agent Shows Efficacy In Animal Study
Hepion Pharmaceuticals Inc HEPA said its CRV431, an anti-fibrotic agent, prevented the development of liver cirrhosis in highly aggressive preclinical model of liver disease. The results, according to the company, contributed preclinical efficacy data that complements its ongoing human clinical trials.
The stock skyrocketed 60.74% to $3.89 in after-hours trading.
Neon to Focus On T-Cell Therapies, Reduce Workforce By 24%
Neon Therapeutics Inc NTGN announced a new strategic focus and a corporate restructuring, as it plans to focus its efforts on the on the advancement of both personal and precision neoantigen-targeted T cell therapy candidates. As part of restructuring, the company plans to reduce its workforce by 24% and cease taking on new additional spending commitments related to its cancer vaccine programs NEO-PV-01 and NEO-SV-01.
The company also said it plans to explore strategic alternatives.
The stock rallied 18.88% to $1.70 in after-hours trading.
Tonix To Submit Investigational New Drug Application For Alcohol Use Disorder Drug
Following a Type B pre-IND meeting with the FDA, Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp TNXP said it plans to submit an IND application for its TNX-102 SL, a potential treatment for alcohol use disorder. The will support a Phase 2 proof-of-concept study in the first quarter of 2020.
The stock rose 11.64% to $1.63 in after-hours trading.
Bristol-Myers Completes Celgene Buy
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co BMY announced the completion of its proposed $74 billion acquisition of Celgene Corporation CELG, about 11 months after the deal was announced. Celgene now becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristol-Myers.
Bristol-Myers stock added 1.54% to $57.28 in after-hours trading.
Karuna Therapeutics Inc KRTX shares found some strength after hours after Wedbush raised the price target for the shares from $38 to $134. Separately, the company said it has priced its previously announced 2.6 million follow-on offering at $96 per share.
The stock rose 3.95% to $113.25 in after-hours trading.
OptiNose said it and certain selling stockholders intend to offer its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The company said it plans to use the net proceeds for working capital and general corporate purposes.
The stock slipped 6.40% to $10.68 in after-hours trading.
Crispr Therapeutics AG CRSP priced its previously-announced common stock offering at $64.50 per share. The company expects to raise gross proceeds of $274.1 million from the offering. The offering is expected to close on or about Nov. 25.
The stock fell 1.51% to $66.40 in after-hours trading.
Molecular Templates Inc MTEM announced the commencement of an underwritten public offering of its common stock and newly-designated Series A convertible preferred stock. All the shares earmarked for the offering are sold by the company.
The stock moved down 3.26% to $8 in after-hours trading.
On The Radar
Entera Bio Ltd ENTX (before the market open)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals Inc ENTA (after the close)
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.