One Big Thing In Fintech: Heading into the coronavirus pandemic, several trends among the retail investing public made the industry favorable for new entrants to come in and exploit.
Founded in 2020, one of those firms was OUTPRFRM, the fintech that calls itself the independent referee of investing advice, making investing more approachable and simple.
Benzinga spoke with founder and CEO McEwen Hardy to learn more about motivations and products. Here’s the conversation that transpired.
Other Key Fintech Developments:
- BrightPlan adds to ESG offer.
- LendingHome has rebranded.
- Upgrade grew valuation 83%.
- iVest+ and Tradier integrating.
- Voyager added a Mastercard. VYGVF MA
- Conferma Pay, Boost partner.
- Paraffin, Sepior partnering up.
- Fidel launches new API offer.
- MSU tapped Boost.ai on tech.
- Fetch.ai, Datarella teaming up.
- DailyPay, UKG partnering up.
- Sablier announces expansion.
- ServiceNow is adding Hedera. NOW
- Treliant added crypto advisor.
- Confluence, FundHero team.
- Jump Trading selected VAST.
- pSTAKE secures $10M round.
- Plaid, coalition hone security.
- Superalgos launches platform.
- Paysend hits a new milestone.
- Justt adds $70M total funding.
- Trulioo eyes inclusion, growth.
- UK CMA delays VRP addition.
- Sagent, Servion partnered up.
Watch Out For This: Media influencer and creator Dylan Lemay, who has amassed over 10 million followers around his experiences with deserts, on Tuesday secured $1.5 million in seed funds to launch an immersive and experiential ice cream store in New York.
Benzinga chatted with Lemay and lead investor Chris Camillo regarding the development.
- JPM to sue Tesla over a tweet. JPM TSLA
- Container logjam slowly eases.
- The crypto capital of the world.
- Inflation hot. The Fed knows it.
Market Moving Headline: “[W]e think 2022 will finally bring the multiple compression we incorrectly forecasted for 2H 2021. Our 12-month target P/E of 18x is 15% below current levels but in line with the 5-year average and the top quintile for the past 30 years.”
“The risk of de-rating has been deferred, not avoided, and makes our 12-month S&P 500 Bear/Base/Bull targets of 3900/4400/5000 unexciting.”
Source: Morgan Stanley
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Your update on what’s going on in the Fintech space. Keep up-to-date with news, valuations, mergers, funding, and events. Sign up today!