Most intermediate and advanced crypto traders store funds across multiple blockchains and use different wallets for different purposes. This can make tracking your crypto net worth a major pain in the neck. Using a crypto portfolio tracker can help you gauge your gains in real-time – even across multiple crypto exchanges and wallets. These crypto trackers also help you track your profit and loss, which isn't a given with most popular wallets these days.
Portfolio trackers are an essential tool for both casual and professional cryptocurrency investors because they allow you to monitor price changes at all hours of the day and track your crypto holdings over time. If you store your cryptocurrency on a hardware crypto wallet for security, then a portfolio tracker is the best way to stay up to date on the value of your digital assets.
A recent addition to the crypto tracker world is virtual crypto portfolio trackers. These virtual trackers allow you to make trades in real-time using no money. They are great for people who want to showcase their skills via a transparent portfolio or those who want to follow other, more established traders and learn from them.
Not sure which portfolio tracker you should download? We’ve created a list of some of our favorite portfolio trackers currently available — as well as some tips to help you find the best portfolio tracker for you.
Best Crypto Portfolio Trackers:
- Best for Enhanced Security Measures: CoinStats
- Best for Portfolio Analytics: Delta Investment Tracker
- Best for Financial Planning: Domain Money
- Best for Virtual Portfolio: Covey
- Best for Precise Figures and Help With Taxes: Accointing
- Best for Active Learning: altFINS
- Best for All-in-One Investment Information: InvestorsObserver
- Best for High Net-Worth Investors: Vyzer
- Best for Holistic Portfolio Review: AssetDash
- Best for Dividend Investors: Snowball Analytics
- Best for Connecting Financial Accounts: Kubera
- Best for Customizable Portfolio Tracking: The Crypto App
- Best for Performance Tracking: Altrady
- Best for International Investors: Sharesight
- Best for Tracking Your Portfolio: Cova
Ready to get started with a cryptocurrency portfolio tracker? Check out our top choices for this year and get ready to manage your portfolio more effectively.
1. Best for Enhanced Security Measures: CoinStats
Who's it for? CoinStats is an excellent choice for anyone that wants to manage their crypto, DeFi, and NFT portfolios from one place, regardless of the size of their portfolio. We didn’t find any other portfolio tracker that supports as many wallets and exchanges.
Price: Free plan offers up to 1,000 transactions and 10 connected portfolios, or you can sign up for the premium plan at $9.99 a month. The premium plan allows for unlimited connected portfolios, up to 1,000,000 transactions, and an ad free experience. Recently, we reached out to the CoinStats team and asked for a special discount for our readers. Here you go, 20 OFF on CoinStats Premium.
If you're looking to seamlessly track and manage a portfolio with diverse crypto, DeFi, and NFT assets, CoinStats is the definite go-to. Here you have the opportunity to connect an unlimited number of portfolios (wallets and exchanges), including:
- Trust Wallet
- Bitstamp and 400 others.
The platform also supports over 8000 tokens, 300 exchanges, and 1,000 DeFi protocols on 10+ chains.
As an all-in-one portfolio tracker, CoinStats enables you to buy crypto directly on the platform, connect your wallets and exchange accounts to track investments, as well as earn from your holdings by staking or by beating the NFT market through their CoinStats Midas tool.
With over 1.2 million users and over $100 billion in portfolios managed from the platform, CoinStats is surely one of the best crypto portfolio trackers on the market.
Download the mobile app or reach out to the customer service team for more information as you manage your portfolio and navigate the DeFi ecosystem.
- The platform has the connections and information you need to maximize your investments
- There is a robust customer service setup that will help anyone who has issues with their portfolio
- Many people might not want to get too deep into DeFi and may want to avoid this platform
2. Best for Portfolio Analytics: Delta Investment Tracker
Who’s it for? Anyone who wants an on-the-go portfolio tracker that doesn’t cut functionality for aesthetics or sacrifice features for mobile compatibility.
Price: Free; Pro depends on your location
With support for 7,000 tokens and over 300 exchanges, you can use this tracker to see how your tokens are performing without signing up for a thousand different accounts. You may also track your stocks, ETFs and other investments along with your crypto. You can see pricing in your local currency, and it’s possible to sync up to 5 devices so that you can work with others or support your clients.
- You can bring all your crypto and other financial assets into one place
- You can manage everything in the app without spreadsheets and confusing formulas
- Remember that is designed for syncing many devices, but that level of synching could get confusing for investors, managers or those with shared accounts
3. Best for Financial Planning: Domain Money
As you hunt for a portfolio management system, you will discover that every platform has its own schtick, something that it uses to stand out from the crowd. With Domain Money, there’s several portfolio options that you can select that will offer results you want. Everyone is different, and your goals could change at any time. Thus, you can look into:
Domain Edge—The 100%, turnkey crypto portfolio that gives you instant exposure to this asset class.
Domain Core—A 100% stock portfolio that focuses on companies working with the blockchain, mining and in other parts of the crypto space.
Domain Balanced—Targeting innovative projects and stocks, with 50% on crypto and 50% on stocks.
Domain Metaverse—A crypto and stock portfolio that offers unique exposure to the NFT space.
Domain Access—A portfolio that features 80% stocks and 20% crypto.
As actively-managed portfolios, Domain Money offers you the mix of investments that you want, and the platform does the rest on your behalf. Domain Money works behind the scenes to ensure that the portfolio you’ve chosen performs well, because they do well when you do well. Also, did you know that there are no lockups, minimums ranging from $100 to $500 and a 1% annual management fee?
- The tiered system is extremely easy to understand
- Because of the way the system is set up, you will find that it is easy to adjust with the market or your personal needs
- There are some who will not want to pay a management fee based on the size of their portfolio
4. Best for Virtual Portfolio: Covey
Who's it for? Anyone who wants to watch more experienced investors' performance or track their virtual crypto investments across multiple crypto markets.
Price: Free to create an online portfolio
Covey gives you access to a community of analysts, giving you free access to a blockchain-enabled platform that allows anyone of any skill level to create a virtual portfolio. Your portfolio can include only crypto, or if you prefer, any digital investment such as EFTs and equities. Because this is a virtual portfolio designed to help you see in real-time the impact of your strategies, you do not need to fund the portfolio with real money.
All portfolios are transparent in that anyone can see them, which helps traders build a reputation. In the Spring of 2023, Covey will release its CopyTrading App. The top 10% of traders will have the right to become Money Managers on the app. That opens the potential for real-world investors to track and maybe even copy your portfolio, which could lead to future income-earning potential.
- Because you can see all your assets in one place, it’s easier to close down older portfolio accounts and work here
- CopyTrading is one of the best ways to learn, especially if you’re investing alone or for the family
- The community might not be helpful to those who are simply trying to track cash flow
5. Best for Precise Figures and Help With Taxes: Accointing
Who's it for? Crypto traders who want to keep a close eye on their portfolio with precise figures or just want help with their crypto taxes. Accointing is a great fit for both high and low volume crypto traders figuring out their taxes because of its tiered pricing.
Price: Free tax report for up to 25 transactions. For reports with between 25-500 transactions you will have to pay a $79 fee for the year. It also offers 2 higher tiers for higher volume traders, priced at $199 for up to 5,000 transactions and $299 for 50,000 transactions.
Accointing connects to your exchange accounts and supports over 400 different exchanges so you don't have to worry about it not supporting your favorite trading platforms. This is vital for filing taxes but it's also a great benefit for its use as a crypto portfolio tracker. Instead of painstakingly entering in every trade you have ever made to a portfolio tracker, all you need to do is connect your wallets and exchange accounts and it will track your whole portfolio precisely.
- Tax reporting services are often the most important thing for most investors
- You never need to add anything manually on this app, meaning that you can combine massive portfolios all in one place
- The pricing may seem too high for those who don’t have tax issues
6. Best for Active Learning: altFINS
altFINS is designed to help you manage and review all your digital assets. Yes, this can start with crypto and NFTs, but the platform wants to grow with the economy and help you come to better understand the assets that sit outside what many would call the “traditional” economy.
There are 60 analytics you can review, including options like the RSI and MA on every asset, which are very popular indicators that investors review every day. You can see these indicators on the charts for every asset, review altcoins, check out crypto trading pairs and set up the crypto screener so that you can set your criteria and get the alerts you need.
- Finding crypto trading pairs is a good way to diversify when you already invest in the forex market
- Finding a place for your digital assets is often wise because larger platforms may not be crypto-friendly
- altFINS can help crypto investors with indicators and altcoins, but it may seem too complex for newer investors
7. Best for All-in-One Investment Information: InvestorsObserver
Who's it for? This is a great platform for investors looking for an all-in-one portfolio tracker.
Price? This platform offers three plans ranging from free to $9.97 per month for an elite service.
After you decide to set up your crypto portfolio, you need quality investment information that you can apply as the market shifts. Research, therefore, becomes your most important asset, and that’s where InvestorsObserver comes in.
Take a look at InvestorsObserver to track crypto assets, get alerts and use information distilled by the firm that will inform your crypto trades.
There are tools for all sorts of traders including institutions. You can:
- Check reports released by crypto projects
- Read educational resources
- Review asset rankings
- Read market news items
- Create crypto alerts
- Because you get reports from crypto projects, you have time to research what they’re planning long before you need to invest further
- The platform is designed to teach you about crypto so that you can become an expert in time
- While ranking assets can be helpful, that often doesn’t account for your personal investment style
8. Best for High Net-Worth Investors: Vyzer
Who’s it for?: Investors, Families, Investors
Price: Starter, Free; Plus, $29; Premium $79
When you have a range of investments that are both preparing for the future and potentially generating income in the present day, you might need a little help keeping track of all that cash. Where is it, what’s it doing and are you reaching your financial goals?
An account with Vyzer can help you analyze all your financial documents, integrate with financial platforms online, generate reports and track transactions made from these accounts. In short, you always know where the money is and it’s much easier to control the purse strings.
Since the crypto scene exploded a few years ago, there are hundreds of platforms where you might be trading crypto, holding or staking. Handling all these platforms in one place is far simpler, and Vyzer lets you do it all for free. (You can step up to a higher tier if you ever feel the need).
Instead of running from one app, site or folder to another, you can enter everything with Vyzer. You even have the option to manage your investments through the Vyzer app on your Apple or Android device.
- You can even save financial documents on this platform so that you can keep track of everything
- The platform helps with hodling, which is an important part of maintaining a diverse portfolio
- The free version likely will not offer you all the functions you’re looking for
9. Best for Holistic Portfolio Review: AssetDash
Who’s it for: Anyone who has multiple assets sitting on several platforms
When you use AssetDash, you can track your crypto, NFTs and other investments all in the same place. At one time, you might have had all your assets spread across several different locations, but you can solve that problem with just one download. Because AssetDash brings all your money into one portfolio tracker, you can see the big picture and make better financial decisions.
The platform connects to major exchanges like Binance, Robinhood, Coinbase and more. Plus, it offers:
- A powerful mobile app
- Affordable prices
- Lots and lots of information
You can sign up in just moments, add all your financial information and you will discover that it’s easier to build wealth and grow your net worth. Yes, you’re investing in crypto today, but you can bring other investments alongside your crypto in the future.
- This is a good way to mix your investments together if they’ve gotten out of hand
- Connecting with popular exchanges is often enough for the average investor
- Mixing crypto with other investments, while a very good idea for many, could prove to be confusing for certain investors
- Make sure that your preferred brokers are available on the app before signing up
10. Best for Dividend Investors: Snowball Analytics
Who’s it for: Beginner and Advanced Investors, Fund Managers and Financial Advisors
Price: Free; Starter $7.99/month; Investor $14.99/month; Professional $299/month
Snowball Analytics works well for beginners, professional investors and portfolio managers that need a quality solution for portfolio tracking. You gain several benefits, including:
- In-depth dividend reporting and analysis
- Easy linking to your brokerage accounts
- Automatic updates
- Performance tracking for all your tradable instruments
You can connect automatically with over 1,000 brokers worldwide in the U.S., U.K., Europe and Asia. You can look into pretty much any stock, ETF or mutual fund globally, review crypto performance and make use of a massive array of innovative tools that allow you to see historic and realtime data, informing your rebalancing efforts, allocation of current assets and benchmarking for future review.
You can also join the community on the site to learn more, share ideas and grow as an investor. It’s easy to import data, and even fund managers or financial advisors can utilize this platform to help their clients without spinning their wheels with manual calculations. In short, you can track trends, learn how to handle your portfolio and use Snowball as your one-stop shop for all the investment info you require.
- Pricing options are both reasonable and affordable
- You can connect with so many brokers that you will likely not need to wonder if yours is available
- While benchmarking is a good idea for many, it can be difficult to manage those settings unless you’re a professional trader
11. Best for Connecting Financial Accounts: Kubera
Who’s it for? Those who want to track all accounts, including cryptocurrency, in a single platform
Price: $15 per month or $150 per year
Kubera lets you connect all your financial accounts, including crypto, in a single space. This makes understanding your net worth with crypto simple. Often crypto portfolio trackers make you manually add all your investments instead of simply connecting accounts.
- Because this app includes crypto and other assets, it’s much easier for the average person to use
- You may want to add each asset yourself because it can serve as a good overview of your accounts and overall portfolio
- Some may not be able to justify the high yearly fee
12. Best for Customizable Portfolio Tracking: The Crypto App
The Crypto App offers far more features and functionality than most portfolio trackers. It offers an expansive tracking tool with customizable crypto watch lists, dynamic overviews of coin performance, a host of proprietary token and market insights and powerful advanced charting. Its portfolio manager also lets you conveniently centralize the data from all of your self-custodial wallets and accounts on various exchanges into one place.
This is where most crypto portfolio apps stop but The Crypto App adds much more. Additional features include fully customizable widgets so that you don't have to open the app to check your portfolio and real-time alerts to keep you up to date with the market, even while the app is closed. If that wasn't enough, The Crypto App also offers a personalized news feed powered by top media names in the crypto space so you can stay informed on the news that is most important to your portfolio. This wide range of features and large degree of customizability make The Crypto App one of the most powerful portfolio tracking apps available right now.
- You can check the stats on all your assets and see them on a chart
- Real-time news feed information is the best way to learn about the markets without hunting for articles
- You may not want to deal with the native token or any of the proprietary options on the app
13. Best for Performance Tracking: Altrady
Who’s it for? Anyone seeking an all-in-one platform where you can trade, monitor markets and manage assets across different exchanges.
Price: Free 14-day trial
Altrady is a buzzing hub for cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Use Altrady’s trading terminal to buy and sell crypto on multiple exchanges using only the Altrady app. Use Altrady’s portfolio manager to see the growth of your assets in different exchange wallets and use it to make objective trading decisions.
- You can use the long trial period to learn more about the app
- You can check how your assets perform so that you can see how they compare to others, letting you know what should stay in your portfolio and what should go
- The long trial period cannot offer more functionality, which some users might want
14. Best for International Investors: Sharesight
Who's it for? Sharesight is best for international investors who want access to 40 worldwide exhanges.
Price: This platform offers four options that range from free to $23.25 per month.
You can track 8 different cryptocurrencies in Sharesight:
- Bitcoin (XBT)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Dash (DAS)
- Monero (XMR)
- Bitshare (BTS)
Prices are updated every 5 minutes, with intraday cryptocurrency prices provided through Open Exchange Rates’ API. You'll also benefit from Sharesight’s performance and tax reporting features, plus powerful reports including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends).
Despite its benefits, Sharesight's extremely limited cryptocurrency offering makes it a poor choice for those looking to accumulate a wide range of different altcoins.
- You can check exchange rates on the app with relative ease
- You can connect with popular exchanges so that you can get a hold of those few crypto investments you made
- Because it’s designed for international investors, you will find that it’s much more robust than some people will need
- Tracks very few tokens as compared with the competition
15. Best for Tracking Your Portfolio: Cova
Who's it for? Best for those who want to track their traditional assets and digital assets in one place.
Price: Cova offers a free plan and a premium plan that costs $12 per month or $100 per year.
Cova bills itself as a “smart asset register” that helps you track your portfolio and fully understand your financial situation. Using this platform, you can collaborate with different platforms or professionals, including online brokerages, exchanges, financial planners, accountants and attorneys. This means that you can truly see all your investments in one place and all the stakeholders in those investments will know what is going on.
Plus, you can set up a beneficiary with the Lifecheck feature, dictating who will be alerted in the event that you pass away suddenly. This is important because your beneficiaries will not need to fight for access to these funds (as they are likely part of your will.)
You can also track liabilities like credit cards and loans. Plus, there is a new version of a business tracker coming that will help you make the same wise decisions for your company. Completely secure, this platform also allows for document management so that you can keep track of all the odds and ends related to your finances. With a premium package costing just $10 per month, you can take control of your finances right away.
- You can use this platform to manage your family’s money or a client’s money, depending on the situation
- Low pricing makes this a good place to start reviewing where your money goes
- This platform might prove to be too complex for someone who just wants to watch their money
What is a Crypto Portfolio Tracker?
A cryptocurrency portfolio tracker is a website, app or another type of platform that allows you to manage your investments and keep track of how the value of your coins is changing. Just like a GPS helps you navigate and stay on track while traveling to new destinations, a crypto portfolio tracker helps you navigate and stay on track with your investments in the exciting and ever-changing world of cryptocurrency.
Trackers link with your wallets and exchanges; it’s a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about how your portfolio changes in value. Crypto portfolio trackers are most useful for large-scale traders who have more than 3 coins they actively trade, but just about any crypto investor can find great uses for them.
Some cryptocurrency portfolio trackers also function as cryptocurrency trading platforms. Like a standard tracker, a tracking exchange assigns you an individual wallet key you can use to import and hold cryptocurrencies. These trackers also allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies supported on the platform. Leaving your coins inside of your cryptocurrency exchange is convenient for frequent and new traders but it’s considered unsafe as a long-term solution because exchanges are more frequent hacking targets.
Plan to invest in cryptocurrency for months or years at a time? It’s better to use an exterior wallet and crypto portfolio tracker.
Different cryptocurrency portfolio trackers have different sets of features, and no one tracker does everything perfectly. Some may allow you to buy and sell coins but don’t feature every coin you need. Others might allow you to purchase and catalog tons of different choices but don’t support tracking features. You’ll need to consider each portfolio tracker individually and decide which one is right for your needs as an investor and a trader.
What to Look for in a Crypto Portfolio Tracker
Unfortunately, not every crypto portfolio tracker is equally useful and secure. Though every portfolio tracker will offer its own individual niche to appeal to a certain group of traders, every choice you consider should have at least these 3 basic features.
1. Safety and Security
The decentralized nature of the blockchain makes Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies exceptionally difficult to track and trace. It’s also very difficult to determine who owns which wallet — and once a cryptocurrency transaction has been initiated, it’s virtually impossible to get that money back.
This makes it especially important to choose a tracker that places an increased emphasis on security. Because many cryptocurrency portfolio trackers link with an exchange or your bank account, it’s crucial to protect your coins and your money. A single hack or data leak can leave your wallet vulnerable, so look for security features like two-factor authentication and multi-layer encryption.
2. Clean and Clear Layout
The purpose of having a portfolio is to quickly view all of your assets and see how the value of your portfolio changes. A good portfolio tracker shows you the total value of your portfolio on its front page or with 1 or 2 clicks. Also, if you want this to be available on your phone without having to go to an internet browser and sign in, choose one of the crypto portfolio tracker apps available on your phone.
Your tracker should be simple to operate and understand, and you shouldn’t struggle to find the value of each individual coin in your portfolio. Look for a tracker with a crisp, clean layout that you enjoy looking at and using. This will save you time, stress and eye strain when using your portfolio tracker.
3. Wide Range of Available Coins and Exchanges
A crypto portfolio tracker should be a one-stop shop for all of your coins. Look for a cryptocurrency portfolio tracker that offers connectivity with all of the coins and all the exchanges you’re on.
If you search for a combination tracker and exchange, take a look at the platform’s coin offerings before you decide to sign up for an account. This will allow you to trade all of the coins you want without working with multiple exchanges and memorizing passwords.
Control Your Cryptos
Cryptocurrency is an exciting new investment front — and there’s never been an easier time to get started with a portfolio tracker or an individual exchange. However, it’s important to remember that cryptos are also still a very volatile market and it’s possible to lose money overnight.
Be a smart investor and do your due diligence before you buy any security. Always remember not to invest more than you can afford to lose.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you check your crypto portfolio?
You should check your crypto portfolio as often as you want to feel safe in your investments.
How many cryptos should you hold in your portfolio?
Many experts believe that you should hold no more than 5% of cryptos in your investment portfolio.
How long should you hold your crypto?
Many experts agree that crypto investors should hold onto their crypto for at least five years.
- Exclusive Crypto Airdrops
- Altcoin of the Week
- Insider Interviews
- News & Show Highlights
- Completely FREE