- HC Wainwright says FDA's briefing document on ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc's ACAD pimavanserin was not unexpected.
- It reiterates the stock with a Buy rating and a price target of $36.00.
- Related: Why ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Shares Are Trading Higher Today?
- The analysts believe the below points are left open for discussion when the AdCom members meet tomorrow:
- The closeness between Parkinson's disease dementia (PDD) and Alzheimer's disease dementia (ADD) in terms of disease mechanism argues approval of pimavanserin in ADP.
- Acadia's hypothesis that the robust response observed in PDD was due to the concomitant use of dopaminergic drugs resulting in a rapid relapse in the subgroup and thus resulting in the differential treatment effect in PDD when compared to the other subgroups.
- Interaction of treatment by dementia subgroup.
- Additional analyses of the AD subgroup's primary and the exploratory efficacy endpoints.
- Simulation study to see the effect of final analysis after completely removing the PDD subgroup.
- The effect of higher exposure of pimavanserin on the efficacy and analysis of plasma drug concentration and the primary endpoint.
- HC Wainwrights concludes that the documents do not aggressively turn Acadia's rationale down, giving an opportunity to argue in favor of approval of pimavanserin in Alzheimer's disease psychosis (ADP).
- Price Action: ACAD shares are up 5.83% at $19.79 during the market session on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.