- Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc's ICPT pre-submission meeting to discuss the marketing application for obeticholic acid (OCA) in NASH has been moved to July (vs. June scheduling).
- The update follows a recent request from the FDA that topline data from the REGENERATE reanalysis be provided to the agency for review before the meeting.
- SVB Leerink says that the move is in line with its view and expectation that the FDA would want to see REGENERATE data, despite ICPT comments during the 1Q22 earnings call that availability of these data was not a gating factor for the meeting.
- Related: Analysts Expect Clarity Imminent On Intercept's NASH Story.
- ICPT had previously guided to topline results from the REGENERATE reanalysis in 2Q22, though today's update confirms that these data are now expected to be available and made public in July.
- The analyst sees this as a minor delay from a timing standpoint. However, this announcement comes on the heels of the departure of Gail Cawkwell, SVP of Medical Affairs, Safety, and Pharmacovigilance, which SVB sees as suboptimal timing and likely to be interpreted as an incremental negative by some investors ahead of NASH data and regulatory updates.
- Overall, SVB expects that the REGENERATE data and the REVERSE dataset expected in 3Q22 will provide long-awaited clarity on the potential viability for OCA in NASH.
- Price Action: ICPT shares are down 10.60% at $14.64 during the market session on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.