The Dow Jones dropped by more than 400 points on Friday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.3
Star Equity Holdings
- The Trade: Star Equity Holdings, Inc. STRR Executive Chairman Jeffrey E Eberwein bought a total of 30,000 shares at an average price of $0.98. To acquire these shares, it cost around $29.5 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company, during August, posted downbeat quarterly earnings.
- What Star Equity Holdings Does: Star Equity Holdings Inc is a diversified holding company with three divisions: Healthcare, Construction, and Investments.
- The Trade: Applied Therapeutics, Inc. APLT President and CEO Shoshana Shendelman acquired a total of 50,000 shares at an average price of $0.65. The insider spent around $32.25 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Applied Therapeutics’ ACTION-Galactosemia Kids Phase 3 trial recently demonstrated a trend in clinical benefit favoring AT-007 vs. placebo.
- What Applied Therapeutics Does: Applied Therapeutics Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, developing a pipeline of novel product candidates against validated molecular targets in indications of high unmet medical need.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: Imperalis Holding Corp. IMHC 10% owner Bitnile Holdings Inc acquired a total of 10,998,641 shares at an average price of $0.01. To acquire these shares, it cost around $111.94 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company’s stock gained around 83% over the past six months.
- What Imperalis Holding Does: Imperalis Holding Corp is a holding company domiciled in the United States. It seeks to acquire businesses with growth potential in diverse industries.
- The Trade: Helbiz, Inc. HLBZ CEO Salvatore Palella acquired a total of 200,000 shares at an average price of $0.25. The insider spent $50 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: Helbiz and Moovit recently expanded partnership to outsmart congestion.
- What Helbiz Does: Helbiz Inc provides electric micro-mobility services.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.