Although the Dow Jones dropped around 875 points on Monday, there were a few notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
MGM Resorts International
- The Trade: MGM Resorts International MGM Director Paul Salem acquired a total of 34,500 shares at at an average price of $28.92. To acquire these shares, it cost around $1 million.
- What’s Happening: MGM's BetMGM, last month, reaffirmed its sales and profit guidance.
- What MGM Resorts Does: MGM Resorts is the largest resort operator on the Las Vegas Strip with 35,000 guest rooms and suites, representing about one fourth of all units in the market.
Lions Gate Entertainment
- The Trade: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE: LGF-B) Director Gordon Crawford acquired a total of 132,383 shares at an average price of $9.43. To acquire these shares, it cost around $1.25 million.
- What’s Happening: Lionsgate recently reported Q4 revenue of $929.9 million and operating loss of $50.4 million.
- What Lions Gate Entertainment Does: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp is a filmed entertainment studio with a presence in motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, and digitally delivered content.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. NGM Director David Goeddel V bought a total of 984,161 shares at an average price of $13.50. To acquire these shares, it cost around $13.29 million.
- What’s Happening: NGM Biopharmaceuticals, last month, initiated a Phase 1/1b clinical study of its drug candidate NGM438 for the treatment of patients with advanced solid tumors.
- What NGM Biopharmaceuticals Does: NGM Biopharmaceuticals Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It is engaged in developing novel therapeutics based on scientific understanding of key biological pathways for the treatment of cardio-metabolic, liver, oncologic and ophthalmic diseases.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.