The Dow Jones closed lower by more than 400 points on Tuesday as Caterpillar Inc. CAT reported mixed quarterly results.
Below is a look at the major economic reports scheduled for release today.
- The MBA's index of mortgage application activity for the latest week is scheduled for release at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- US Services Purchasing Managers' Index for July is scheduled for release at 9:45 a.m. ET. The final services PMI is projected to hold at the 47.0 level for July, which was the first contraction in services activity in two years.
- Data on factory orders for June will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. After rising 0.8% in May, analysts expect factory orders surging 1.1% in June.
- The ISM services index for July is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET. The ISM’s index has been slowing and is projected to slow to 53.0 in July compared to June's reading of 55.3.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on petroleum inventories in the U.S. will be released at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank President Patrick Harker is set to speak at 10:30 a.m. ET.
Check out our premarket coverage here
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.