- Constellation Brands Inc STZ reported first-quarter FY23 growth sales of 17% year-on-year to $2.4 billion, beating the consensus of $2.16 billion.
- Net sales for the Beer segment grew 21% Y/Y to $1.89 billion, and Wine and Spirits rose 2% Y/Y to $465 million.
- Shipment volume for Beer increased 17.3%, while Wine and Spirits climbed 1.5%.
- Gross profit of $1.25 billion rose 12.1% Y/Y, while gross margin of 53.1% contracted by 210 basis points. Operating margin for the quarter was 34.5%.
- Comparable EPS of $2.66 beat the consensus of $2.53. Comparable EPS, excluding Canopy equity losses, was $2.90.
- The company generated an operating cash flow of $758 million, a free cash flow of $562 million, and ended the quarter with $101.8 million in cash and equivalents.
- Constellation's board declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.80 per share of Class A Common Stock and $0.72 per share of Class B Common Stock, payable on August 24, 2022, to stockholders of record on August 10, 2022.
- Constellation board has approved and will recommend to shareholders for approval a proposal to eliminate the company's Class B common stock.
- Robert and Richard Sands, who currently serve as Executive Chairman and Executive Vice Chairman, respectively, will retire from their employment. Robert Sands will become Non-Executive Chairman, and Richard Sands will continue as a board member.
- Sands Family will continue to be Constellation's largest shareholder following the completion of the reclassification.
- Guidance: Constellation affirmed FY23 comparable basis EPS outlook of $11.20 - $11.50, above the consensus of $11.06.
- Price Action: STZ shares are trading lower by 4.45% at $232.79 on the last check Thursday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.