- General Mills Inc GIS reported fourth-quarter FY22 sales growth of 8% year-on-year to $4.89 billion, beating the consensus of $4.81 billion.
- North America Retail segment sales increased 11% Y/Y to $3 billion. Pet segment sales increased 37% to $610 million, while International segment sales fell 21% to $750 million.
- Adjusted EPS of $1.12 topped the consensus of $1.01.
- The gross margin expanded 120 basis points Y/Y to 36.2%. Adjusted gross margin was down 70 basis points to 33.8%.
- The operating margin expanded 870 basis points to 20.8%, and operating income for the quarter jumped 85% to $1 billion.
- General Mills held $569.4 million in cash and equivalents as of May 29, 2022. Net cash provided by operating activities for FY22 totaled $3.3 billion.
- "Though significant inflation and supply chain disruptions put pressure on our margins, we responded quickly to address those challenges and keep our brands on the shelf for our customers and consumers," said Chairman and CEO Jeff Harmening.
- Dividend: General Mills' board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.54 per share, payable August 1, 2022, to shareholders of record July 8, 2022, representing a 6% increase from the previous quarterly rate of $0.51 per share.
- Outlook: General Mills expects FY23 organic net sales growth of 4% - 5%.
- The company sees an FY23 adjusted EPS growth of 0% - 3% increase in constant currency.
- Price Action: GIS shares are trading higher by 2.41% at $71.95 in premarket on the last check Wednesday.
- Photo Via Company
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.