- Progress Software Corp PRGS reported second-quarter revenue growth of 21% year-over-year to $148.7 million, +24% on a constant currency basis. Adjusted revenue was $150.9 million (+17% Y/Y) and +19% Y/Y on a constant currency basis, beating the consensus of $146.93 million.
- Adjusted EPS was $1.04, much higher than the consensus of $0.95.
- Annualized Recurring Revenue (ARR) increased 13% Y/Y to $486 million.
- The gross margin declined by 35 bps to 83.9%. Adjusted operating income increased 23% Y/Y to $61.3 million, and margin expanded by 300 bps to 41%.
- PRGS generated cash from operating activities year-to-date of $112.35 million, compared to $99.38 million a year ago. Adjusted free cash flow totaled $112.72 million (+11% Y/Y).
- The company held cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments of $225.9 million at the end of the quarter.
- Dividend: The company declared a quarterly dividend of $0.175 per share of common stock that will be paid on September 15, 2022, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 1, 2022.
- 3Q22 Outlook: Progress Software expects GAAP revenue of $145 million - $148 million and Non-GAAP of $147 million - $150 million vs. a consensus of $160.23 million.
- It expects EPS of $0.46 - $0.48 and Adjusted EPS of $0.96 - $0.98, vs. a consensus of $1.11.
- FY22 Outlook: The company expects GAAP revenue of $601 million - $609 million and Non-GAAP revenue of $609 million - $617 million, vs. a consensus of $614.76 million.
- PRGS sees EPS of $2.11 - $2.21 and adjusted EPS of $4.05 - $4.11, vs. consensus of $4.06. Operating margin of 22% - 23% and adjusted operating margin of 39% - 40%.
- It expects an Adjusted free cash flow of $185 million - $190 million.
- Price Action: PRGS shares are trading lower by 1.64% at $48 during the post-market session on Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.