- Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc BBW reported first-quarter FY22 sales growth of 28.4% year-on-year to $117.7 million, beating the consensus of $98.29 million.
- Net retail sales rose 26.6% Y/Y, and e-commerce demand grew 2.1%.
- Gross profit increased 27.7% Y/Y to $61.8 million. The gross margin of 52.5% contracted by 30 basis points Y/Y.
- The company held $26.1 million in cash and equivalents as of April 30, 2022.
- EPS of $0.89 beat the Street view of $0.66.
- Outlook: Build-A-Bear sees FY22 sales of $440 million - $460 million versus the consensus of $451.81 million.
- The company expects FY22 EBITDA of $65 million - $75 million.
- Price Action: BBW shares are trading higher by 17.3% at $19.56 in premarket on the last check Thursday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.