- A O Smith Corp AOS reported first-quarter FY22 sales growth of 27% year-over-year to $978 million, beating the consensus of $967.05 million.
- Adjusted EPS improved 31% Y/Y to $0.77, beating the consensus of $0.75.
- Gross margin contracted 260 bps to 35%.
- North America segment sales rose 32% to $730.1 million, driven by pricing actions taken in 2021, mainly on water heaters.
- Rest of World segment sales totaled $256 million (+15% Y/Y), driven by a positive mix in water heaters and water treatment products in China and higher sales of commercial water treatment products and replacement filters.
- A O Smith generated cash from operating activities of $16.5 million in Q1, compared to $104.4 million a year ago. Free cash flow of $3.6 million.
- The company held cash and marketable securities of $579.4 million with total debt of $295.4 million, resulting in a leverage ratio of 14% as of March 31, 2022.
- FY22 Outlook: A O Smith expects sales of $4.030 billion -$4.105 billion (consensus $4.14 billion), down from the prior view of $4.105 billion - $4.175 billion.
- It continues to expect EPS of $1.56 - $1.76 and adjusted EPS of $3.35 and $3.55 (consensus $3.41).
- Price Action: AOS shares are trading lower by 6.21% at $58.99 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.