- Global Ship Lease Inc GSL reported fourth-quarter operating revenue growth of 119.4% year-over-year to $153.53 million, beating the consensus of $125 million.
- Normalized EPS improved to $1.84 from $0.37 in 4Q20, beating the consensus of $1.29.
- The operating income increased to $82.19 million from $25.85 million a year ago, and the margin expanded to 53.5% from 36.9%.
- Adjusted EBITDA improved by 120.9% Y/Y to $85.41 million, and margin expanded by 40 bps to 55.6%.
- Vessel operating expenses increased by 57.4% Y/Y to $43.6 million due to 2,012 or 50.9% net additional ownership days in Q4 due to the net increase of 22 vessels since January 1, 2021.
- Utilization for the quarter was 92% compared to 95.7% in the same period of the prior year.
- The average cost per ownership day in the quarter was $7,308, compared to $7,006 a year ago.
- Time charter and voyage expenses were $4.8 million, compared to $2.4 million in 4Q20.
- As of March 1, 2022, the company had 65 containerships in its fleet.
- Global Ship Lease generated cash from operating activities of $263.95 million in FY21, compared to $104.43 million a year ago.
- The company's Q4 dividend of $0.25 per Class A common share will be paid on March 4, 2022, to common shareholders of record as of February 22, 2022.
- As announced earlier, the dividend will increase by 50% to $0.375 per Class A common share from Q1 of 2022. The company authorized $40.0 million for share repurchases to be utilized on an opportunistic basis.
- Price Action: GSL shares are trading higher by 1.26% at $25.61 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.