- Kohl's Corp KSS reported fourth-quarter FY21 sales growth of 5.8% year-on-year, to $6.499 billion, missing the consensus of $6.54 billion.
- Gross margin for the quarter expanded by 124 basis points to 33.2%. The operating margin was 6.9%, and operating income for the quarter rose 42.4% Y/Y to $450 million.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses increased 5.2% Y/Y to $1.7 billion.
- Adjusted EPS of $2.20 beat the consensus of $2.12.
- Related: Kohl's Dismisses Takeover Offers: What Investors Need To Know
- Kohl's held $1.6 billion in cash and equivalents as of January 29, 2022. Cash provided by operating activities for twelve months totaled $2.3 billion.
- The company doubled its quarterly cash dividend to $0.50 from $0.25 per share, payable on March 30, 2022, to shareholders of record on March 16, 2022.
- Kohl's board approved a $3.0 billion share repurchase authorization, and the company plans to repurchase at least $1.0 billion in shares in 2022, of which $500 million is expected to be repurchased in Q2.
- Outlook: Kohl's sees FY22 EPS of $7.00 - $7.50. The company expects FY22 sales growth of 2% to 3% versus last year. The operating margin for FY22 is expected to be 7.2% - 7.5%.
- Price Action: KSS shares are trading higher by 2.77% at $57.16 on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.