- HNI Corp HNI reported third-quarter FY21 sales growth of 15.7% year-on-year, to $586.7 million, missing the analyst consensus of $592.14 million.
- Workplace Furnishings sales increased 11.3% Y/Y, and Residential Building Products sales rose 26%.
- The gross profit margin declined 330 basis points Y/Y to 33.3%. The operating margin contracted 310 basis points to 4.5%, and operating income for the quarter fell 32.3% to $26.2 million.
- EPS of $0.43 met the analysts' consensus estimate.
- HNI held $127.7 million in cash and equivalents as of October 2, 2021. Net cash provided by operating activities for nine months ended October 2, 2021, totaled $88.5 million.
- "While we drove strong order growth, the ongoing difficulties tied to labor availability, supply chain disruptions, and inflation in all categories of input costs negatively impacted our results," said CEO Jeff Lorenger.
- Outlook: HNI expects Q4 consolidated revenue, including the impact of acquisitions, to grow in the mid-to-high single-digit percent range compared to the prior-year quarter.
- It expects Q4 operating income to be at or slightly below that reported in Q3, assuming many margin pressures persist.
- Price action: HNI shares are trading lower by 5.93% at $37.58 on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.