- Douglas Dynamics Inc PLOW reported second-quarter FY21 net sales growth of 31.2% year-on-year, to $157.53 million, beating the analyst consensus of $141.53 million.
- The revenue increase was driven by strong pre-season shipments in Attachments, and the lack of pandemic shutdown experienced last year in all businesses.
- Sales from the Work Truck Attachments segment increased 42% Y/Y to $104.6 million, and the Work Truck Solutions segment rose 14.5% to $52.9 million.
- Gross profit margin expanded 430 basis points Y/Y to 31%.
- The operating margin was 15.3%, and operating income for the quarter amounted to $24.1 million.
- The company held $15.2 million in cash and equivalents as of June 30, 2021.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter rose 65% Y/Y to $33.5 million with an adjusted EBITDA margin of 21.3%, a 440 basis points expansion.
- Adjusted EPS of $0.91 beat the analyst consensus of $0.63.
- "Demand in Attachments has shown considerable resilience during the pre-season order period, reflecting positive dealer sentiment and end-user confidence," said CEO Bob McCormick.
- Outlook: Douglas sees FY21 sales of $520 million - $580 million (prior view $505 million - $565 million) versus the consensus of $538.25 million. It expects an unchanged adjusted EBITDA of $75 million - $100 million.
- The company expects FY21 adjusted EPS of $1.40 - $2.20 (prior view $1.20 - $2.00), versus the consensus of $1.77.
- Price action: PLOW shares closed lower by 1.30% at $39.38 on Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.