- Hershey Co HSY reported second-quarter FY21 sales growth of 16.5% year-on-year, to $1.99 billion, beating the analyst consensus of $1.83 billion. Organic, constant currency net sales increased 15.5%.
- Hershey's North America segment net sales rose 12.3% Y/Y to $1.78 billion. Sales for Hershey's International and other segments increased 70.2% to $210.2 million.
- The gross margin expanded 10 basis points Y/Y to 46.5%, and gross profit rose 16.8% Y/Y to $925.4 million.
- The operating margin expanded 50 bps to 23.0%, and operating income for the quarter rose 19.1% Y/Y to $456.7 million.
- Adjusted EPS of $1.47 beat the analyst consensus of $1.44.
- Hershey held $426.2 million in cash and equivalents as of July 4, 2021.
- "Our business continued to excel in the second quarter with robust recovery in away-from-home consumption and international markets and sustained elevated at-home consumption," said CEO Michele Buck.
- Outlook: Hershey raised FY21 net sales growth guidance to 6% - 8%, from the previous 4% - 6%.
- It sees an adjusted EPS of $6.79 - $6.92 versus the consensus of $6.89. The outlook is unchanged from the previously communicated 8% to 10% increase from $6.29 in FY20.
- It slightly lowered its reported EPS outlook to $6.59 - $6.85 due to incremental costs to execute and integrate Lily's acquisition.
- Hershey also anticipates FY21 effective tax rate of 17 -18% and Capex of $550 million.
- Price action: HSY shares are trading higher by 0.97% at $178.22 on the last check Thursday.
- Photo by mjimages from Pixabay
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.