- ASML Holding NV ASML reported second-quarter FY21 net sales growth of 20% year-on-year to €4.0 billion within the company's guidance and missing the analyst consensus by €120 million.
- The net bookings were €8.3 billion, including €4.9 billion from EUV systems, bringing the total backlog to €17.5 billion.
- The gross margin was 50.9% exceeded the company's guidance mainly due to higher revenue in software upgrades as customers want to increase capacity quickly and one-off revenue accounting releases.
- It reported a net income of €1.04 billion.
- The EPS of €2.52 beat the analyst consensus by €0.03.
- It held €5.19 billion in cash and equivalents.
- The demand continues to be high across all market segments, CEO Peter Wennink said. The product portfolio reflects the market's focus on increasing capacity to support the build-up of the digital infrastructure. The long-term demand caters to advanced nodes, legacy, and mature nodes in Logic and Memory.
- Outlook: ASML sees Q3 2021 net sales between €5.2 billion - €5.4 billion and a gross margin between 51% - 52%.
- It announced a new share buyback program of up to €9 billion through Dec. 31, 2023.
- It sees a net sales growth of around 35% in 2021 Y/Y, with a gross margin between 51% - 52%.
- Price action: ASML shares traded higher by 3.50% at $707.97 in the premarket session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.