- Delta Air Lines, Inc. DAL reported a second-quarter operating revenue decline of 43% year-over-year (compared to Q2 2019) to $7.13 billion versus $6.2 billion consensus, and adjusted loss per share of $(1.07) beat $(1.40) consensus.
- Adjusted revenue was $6.35 billion, compared to $12.45 billion in 2Q19.
- Total passenger revenue was $5.34 billion, a decline of 53% Y/Y, reporting the highest drop from Pacific passengers of 87% Y/Y.
- Q2 Traffic was down 47%; Q2 Load Factor was 69%.
- Q2 operating income was $816 million, a decrease of 61.6% Y/Y, and margin fell by 552 bps to 11.5%.
- The company generated $1.87 billion of operating cash flow, $1.50 billion of free cash flow, and $195 million of adjusted free cash flow in Q2.
- Cost per available seat mile, adjusted was up 0.5% compared to Q2 2019. CASM-Ex was 9% higher than Q2 2019 on 32% less capacity.
- The average fuel price per gallon was up 4% to $2.16, compared to Q2 2019.
- The company ended the quarter with $17.8 billion in liquidity, including cash and cash equivalents, short-term investments, and undrawn revolving credit facilities.
- It held total debt and finance lease obligations of $29.1 billion with adjusted net debt of $18.3 billion at the end of Q2.
- Q3 Outlook (compared to Q3 2019): The Company expects capacity to be down 28%-30%; total revenue down 30%-35%; fuel price ($/gal) $2.05-$2.15; CASM-ex up 11%-14%; capital expenditures to be ~$800 million; and adjusted net debt ~$19.0 billion.
- Price action: DAL shares trading higher by 1.14% at $41.80 in the premarket session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.