- Applied Optoelectronics Inc AAOI reported first-quarter FY21 revenue growth of 22.8% year-on-year to $49.7 million, marginally beating the analyst consensus of $49.35 million.
- Datacenter revenue reduced 22% Y/Y to $25.9 million, CATV rose 341.3% Y/Y to $18.6 million, Telecom revenue rose 75% Y/Y to $4.5 million, FTTH was $0.42 million, and Other revenue declined 47.1% Y/Y to $0.22 million.
- Non-GAAP gross margin expanded 510 basis points to $24.6%.
- Non-GAAP net loss declined 37.5% Y/Y to $5.5 million with an adjusted EPS loss of ($0.21), beating the analyst consensus of ($0.27) loss.
- The company held $49.3 million in cash and equivalents.
- Guidance: Applied Optoelectronics sees a Q2 revenue outlook of $51 million - $56 million, short of the analyst consensus of $57.39 million, and Non-GAAP gross margin outlook of 25.5% - 27.5%.
- It expects Non-GAAP net loss guidance of $3.8 million - $5.6 million, and adjusted EPS loss of ($0.14) - ($0.21), versus analyst consensus of ($0.18) loss.
- The company continues to see softness in the datacenter business and is encouraged by the telecom market recovery and the continued strength in CATV business, CEO Dr. Thompson Lin said.
- The company delivered a record Q1 for CATV business and ended with a strong backlog of CATV products which is expected to continue to drive growth in this segment going forward, Lin said.
- Price action: AAOI shares traded higher by 4.70% at $7.56 on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.