A police chief in Somerset, Wisconsin estimates the Tesla Model Y will save the department more than $80,000 over the life of the vehicle, according to Electrek.
Among the financial benefits mentioned:
- Lower fuel costs compared to gas.
- Fewer moving parts that can break
- No oil changes
- Battery estimated to last 500,000 miles
- Drivetrain/motors designed to last 1 million miles
- Five-year/125,000-mile battery and drivetrain warranty
- and regenerative braking.
But they're expensive, so it may take a few years to come out ahead in terms of dollars saved.
Still, Tesla has had the top spot of the most made-in-America vehicle, with the Model 3 topping the list in 2021, and Model Y topping the list in 2022.
And future buyers can expect to save even more after Tesla's recent price changes and updates to the EV federal rebate.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted In: NewsTop StoriesTechelectric vehicles