- High-performance power solutions provider Monolithic Power Systems, Inc MPWR and Vanguard International Semiconductor Corporation, a specialty IC foundry service provider, forged a foundry agreement to produce power semiconductors.
- The financial terms of the deal remain undisclosed.
- MPS will utilize VIS's 8-inch (200mm) wafer fabrication capabilities in its Singapore and Taiwan manufacturing facilities.
- Also Read: TSMC Chief Blames Low-End Chips For Hindering Supply Chain; Sees Higher Prices For High-End Chips
- The products manufactured at VIS will meet the growing demand for power devices in datacenters, electric vehicles, solar inverters, robotics, and space systems.
- Deming Xiao, SVP of Operations for MPS, said, "VIS's leading specialty IC manufacturing expertise, combined with MPS's product design capability, will deliver greater energy efficiency to new markets and applications, contributing to environmental sustainability."
- This agreement is a model of how MPS will augment its existing supplier relationships in Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and China by building more secure and resilient supply-chain partnerships while accelerating the development of next-generation technological innovation.
- Price Action: MPWR shares traded higher by 0.14% at $386.65 on the last check Monday.
- Photo Via Wikimedia Commons
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.