- Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation STRC subsidiary Sarcos Defense has secured a $1 million contract from the Army Applications Laboratory, U.S. Army Futures Command.
- The contract is for testing a robotic solution that Sarcos developed for ammunition handling and maneuvering.
- Sarcos will perform testing on the robotic system to ensure it meets requirements for Army use, including shock and vibration absorption.
- The robotic system was designed to address fatigue and injuries among soldiers caused by the prolonged lifting and placing of 100-pound rounds of ammunition from a rack to the cannon loader.
- "Our ultimate goal with the development of this robotic ammunition solution is to help the Army successfully accomplish their missions with lower rates of injury by having a robot lift and place the heavy ammunition rounds," said Reeg Allen, VP of business development, Sarcos.
- Price Action: STRC shares are trading lower by 9.44% at $1.05 on the last check Thursday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.