- Fusion Fuel Green PLC HTOO has entered into a joint venture agreement with Electus Energy to develop a large-scale green hydrogen project in Bakersfield, California.
- The proposed project is roughly a 75 MW solar-to-hydrogen facility using Fusion Fuel's HEVO technology.
- The facility will be capable of producing up to 9,300 tons of green hydrogen per annum, including nighttime operation.
- The project would require an estimated €175 million (about $180 million) in capital investment.
- A final investment decision is expected in early 2024, and commissioning will be in the first half of 2025.
- "Due to the unique combination of solar irradiance, California tax incentives, and proximity to large-scale offtake, Bakersfield is the ideal project to anchor our North American strategy," said chief commercial officer Jason Baran.
- Price Action: HTOO shares closed higher by 12.9% at $4.64 on Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.