Gold futures traded slightly lower this morning on Tuesday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.3
- The Trade: Axcella Health Inc. AXLA 10% owner Nestle SA bought a total of 3,658,536 shares at an average price of $1.64. To acquire these shares, it cost around $6 million.
- What’s Happening: Axcella Therapeutics announced a $34.2 million registered direct offering of common stock priced at the market.
- What Axcella Health Does: Axcella Health Inc a biotechnology company focused on treating complex diseases and improve health using endogenous metabolic modulator, or EMM, compositions.
- The Trade: OPKO Health, Inc. OPK 10% owner Frost Gamma Investments Trust acquired a total of 100,000 shares at an average price of $1.72. The insider spent around $171.92 thousand to buy those shares.
- What’s Happening: The company, during August, posted a loss for the second quarter.
- What OPKO Health Does: OPKO Health Inc is a diversified biotechnology company that operates pharmaceutical and diagnostic development programs.
Don’t forget to check out our premarket coverage here .
Value Exchange International
- The Trade: Value Exchange International, Inc. VEII Director Heng Fai Ambrose Chan acquired a total of 10,000 shares at an average price of $0.25. To acquire these shares, it cost around $2.5 thousand.
- What’s Happening: The company’s stock gained around 47% over the past month.
- What Value Exchange International Does: Value Exchange International Inc is a us-based software company.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.