- Ginkgo Bioworks Holdings Inc DNA and XpresSpa Group Inc XSPA have secured a new contract to continue to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) traveler-based SARS-CoV-2 genomic surveillance program.
- The partnership is expected to support public health and biosecurity services totaling ~$16 million, with an overall potential to exceed $61 million based on CDC program options and public health priorities.
- The partners intend to broaden the program's scope and add cutting-edge modalities and offerings, such as the monitoring of wastewater from aircraft lavatories, as COVID-19 sublineages and other biological threats continue to emerge.
- The parties have partnered since August 2021 to deliver timely public health data. The program is slated to expand its footprint with additional testing sites.
- The expanded program will serve as an early warning system to detect new or emerging variants and can facilitate response to future travel-associated outbreaks and pandemics.
- Price Action: DNA shares are trading lower by 3.03% at $3.52 and XSPA lower by 5.51% at $0.88 on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.