- Conformis Inc CFMS entered into a multi-year agreement with Vizient Inc to offer personalized orthopedic implants to Vizient's membership of healthcare facilities.
- The agreement gives increased access to the entire Conformis knee and hip portfolio to Vizient's membership base, which comprises academic medical centers, pediatric facilities, community hospitals, integrated health delivery networks, and non-acute health care providers.
- The offering includes:
- Identity Imprint, a personalized knee replacement system.
- Image-to-Implant Platinum Services Program, a patient-elected deluxe upgrade option to obtain a fully personalized knee replacement implant.
- Cordera Match Hip System, a personalized primary hip replacement solution.
- Researchers at the University of Washington in Seattle found that fully personalized total knee arthroplasty is cost-effective compared to a standard, off-the-shelf implant.
- Ongoing research suggests that fully personalized implants further reduce total costs to the healthcare system because patients recover more quickly and are less likely to require follow-up corrective (revision) surgeries.
- Price Action: CFMS shares are up 4.31% at $0.27 during the premarket session on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.