The Nasdaq 100 index settled higher on Tuesday, with shares of Tesla Inc TSLA gaining around 2.5% despite JPMorgan lowering the price target on the stock from $395 to $385.
Below is a look at the major economic reports scheduled for release today.
- The MBA's index of mortgage application activity for the latest week is scheduled for release at 7:00 a.m. ET.
- New York Fed President John Williams is set to speak at 9:00 a.m. ET.
- The services PMI for June is scheduled for release at 9:45 a.m. ET. The final services PMI is likely to hold at the 51.6 flash level for June, compared with May's final reading of 53.4.
- The ISM services index for June will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. The ISM services index fell to the weakest level in more than a year to 55.9 in May, with analysts expecting the index declining further to 54.8 in June.
- The Labor Department's JOLTS report for May is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET. Analysts expect job openings falling to 11.250 million in May from 11.400 million in April.
- The Federal Open Market Committee will issue minutes of its latest meeting at 2:00 p.m. ET, with markets looking for some insights related to the upcoming rate increase and comments related to recession from the Fed members.
Check out our premarket coverage here
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.