- Payments company Stripe Inc looks to give customers access to Bitcoin BTC/USDfour years after suspending support for the cryptocurrency, Bloomberg reports.
- Stripe collaborated with crypto startup OpenNode to help its customers to accept Bitcoin payments through a new app.
- Stripe customers will be able to convert incoming payments and any amount of their balance into Bitcoin via the app.
- Also Read: Wells Fargo Lists Its Picks In the Fintech Universe - See Which Stocks Made the Cut
- OpenNode uses Lightning Network to make Bitcoin transactions faster and cheaper to settle payments.
- The partnership with OpenNode, specializing in Bitcoin, raised $20 million at a $220 million valuation in February, reflecting Stripe’s renewed interest in Bitcoin.
- Stripe revived its push into crypto after rivals like Block, Inc SQ, PayPal Holdings, Inc PYPL, and Checkout.com forayed the industry.
Visit Benzinga's Crypto Homepage - 1,000,000+ depend on Benzinga Crypto every month
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.