- Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc FB has begun to test tools for selling digital assets and experiences within its virtual reality platform Horizon Worlds.
- The move marks a crucial part of its plan for creating a metaverse.
- Also Read: Read How Facebook's Metaverse Ambitions Are Shaping Up In Mark Zuckerberg's Words
- The tools will be available initially to a handpicked set of users creating virtual classes, games, and fashion accessories within the company's immersive platform accessible via VR headsets.
- The users can sell their accessories or offer paid access to specialized digital spaces they have built.
- Meta also tested out a "creator bonus" program for a small set of Horizon Worlds users in the U.S.
- Price Action: FB shares traded lower by 0.78% at $214.75 on the last check Tuesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.