- Tegna Inc TGNA and DISH Network Corp DISH forged a new carriage agreement.
- The agreement helped restore the local stations immediately on DISH TV, in time for the Winter Olympics and Super Bowl LVI.
- The agreement provides DISH TV subscribers nationwide to tune in to Tegna-owned programming, including news, entertainment, and sports.
- Related Content: Why Are Tegna Shares Trading Higher?
- Last year Tegna removed its local stations from nearly 3 million DISH TV customers in 53 markets across the country.
- Subsequently, DISH filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against Tegna over its alleged unreasonable demands.
- Tegna had refuted the allegations.
- Price Action: TGNA shares closed higher by 7.4% at $21.34 on Friday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.