- Kandi Technologies Group Inc KNDI has acquired cell producer Jiangxi Province Huiyi New Energy Co Ltd (Jiangxi Huiyi) for $7.7 million in cash.
- Jiangxi produces approximately 90 million 18650 lithium-ion rechargeable cells annually.
- Kandi expects to grow its cell business by using the newly acquired technology to address new applications, eventually including EV battery packs.
- The deal is expected to be completed no later than thirty business days and no later than three years after signing.
- Kandi may issue up to 858,770 shares of registered stock each year for the next three years to the shareholders of Jiangxi Huiyi, conditioned on Jiangxi Huiyi achieving no less than $2.3 million net income for each of the following three years.
- Jiangxi Huiyi expects to increase its targeted net profits to $5.4 million in 2023 and $15.4 million by 2025.
- Cash and equivalents of Kandi as of March 31, 2021, totaled $146.7 million.
- Price action: KNDI shares are trading higher by 1.87% at $5.44 on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.