- The fundraising was led by the Chinese private equity firm, CITIC Private Equity Funds Management (CPE), including IDG Capital, Legend Capital, and Oriza Hua.
- Kunlun chips are mainly used for smart EVs and cloud computing.
- Baidu is contemplating the commercialization of AI chip design capabilities to make the Kunlun unit a standalone company.
- Baidu also operated another chip unit called Honghu.
- Last week, Baidu launched a Hong Kong listing to raise $3 billion.
- Price action: BIDU shares are up 0.28% at $264.99 in the pre-market session on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.