The penny stock market is like the minor leagues in professional baseball. In this space, former high- and mid-priced stocks compete for the possibility of returning to a higher level. Also, it is where new stocks vie for a big break.
The emergence of 5G — 5th generation — communication technology has energized investor interest in 5G penny stocks. Any company with a connection to super-fast 5G communication technology has a chance of sharing in the growth. Are you interested? Here is a list of 5G penny stocks with great growth potential.
Table of contents [Show]
Overview: 5G Penny Stocks
Investors once considered penny stocks to be any security trading under $1. The Securities Exchange Act of 1934 changed that. The Securities Exchange Commission used this law to establish the penny stock trading rules and set the penny stock price classification at $5 and under. You can trade these stocks over the counter (OTC) or through any of the major exchanges.
Penny stocks’ low prices allow easy acquisition. This helps investors control their risk while gaining exposure to possible exponential gains. In many cases, you can buy 5,000 shares of a penny stock for $200 — $0.04 per share. A $0.20 per share increase would give you a 500% profit or $1,200. If the company goes bankrupt, you only lose $200.
Installing 5G super-fast networks has the power to boost the fortunes of technology and telecom companies — big and small. Penny stocks provide investors a low-cost way to share in this growth.
Trading in the penny stock market, however, can be highly risky. Relying on luck and tips is a strategy for failure. 5G penny stock trading requires you to be as informed as you can.
Best Online Brokers for 5G Stock
Finding relevant information on certain 5G penny stocks can be challenging. By providing extensive research material and historical data, online brokers can help you improve your due diligence. Here’s a list of some of the best online brokers.
Webull, founded in 2017, is a mobile app-based brokerage that features commission-free stock and exchange-traded fund (ETF) trading. It’s regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Webull offers active traders technical indicators, economic calendars, ratings from research agencies, margin trading and short-selling. Webull’s trading platform is designed for intermediate and experienced traders, although beginning traders can also benefit.
Webull is widely considered one of the best Robinhood alternatives.
- Active traders
- Intermediate traders
- Advanced traders
- No account maintenance fees or software platform fees
- No charges to open and maintain an account
- Intuitive trading platform with technical and fundamental analysis tools
- Does not support trading in mutual funds, bonds or OTC stocks
Moomoo is a commission-free mobile trading app available on Apple, Google and Windows devices. A subsidiary of Futu Holdings Ltd., it’s backed by venture capital affiliates of Matrix, Sequoia, and Tencent (NASDAQ: FUTU). Securities offered by Futu Inc., regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Moomoo is another great alternative for Robinhood. This is an outstanding trading platform if you want to dive deep into smart trading. It offers impressive trading tools and opportunities for both new and advanced traders, including advanced charting, pre and post-market trading, international trading, research and analysis tools, and most popular of all, free Level 2 quotes.
Get started right away by downloading Moomoo to your phone, tablet or another mobile device.
- Cost-conscious traders
- Active and Advanced traders
- Over 8,000 different stocks that can be sold short
- Access trading and quotes in pre-market (4 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET) and post-market hours (4 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET)
- No minimum deposit to open an account.
- No chat support
It seems like new digital investment management platforms are sprouting up left and right, and for good reason — there’s a great need for easy, straightforward investment management that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg in fees or to get started. If you’re new to investing or an old hat who wants to make the switch to a virtual manager, deciding which features you need can be confusing if not overwhelming.
If you want a no-frills financial management platform, Axos Invest (formerly WiseBanyan) takes a traditional but sophisticated approach to automated online investing.
- Traditional investors trying out an automated investor for the first time
- New investors that want to take a hands-off approach to portfolio management
- Straightforward automated investing
- Relatively low account minimum and automated investing fee
- A solid roster of available investment account types
- Not a stand-out from other services if you’re someone who likes all the bells and whistles with your digital financial platform
- No direct relationship with a human financial advisor
This latest groundbreaking technology is IBKR GlobalAnalyst, a new trading tool that helps investors compare the rate of PEG or price-earnings growth valuations and provide more immediate and comprehensive financial metrics of stocks, globally.
Recognizing that stock selection can be challenging for investors to compare the valuations of domestic and international stocks, Interactive Brokers created GlobalAnalyst to offer investors a simple, yet powerful tool to easily evaluate investment opportunities around the world.
Using GlobalAnalyst, investors can search for stocks by region, country, industry, market capitalization and currency to uncover undervalued stocks worldwide. The resulting table displays the current market and financial metrics, including the PEG Ratio. The PEG Ratio is the PE ratio divided by the three-year compound earnings growth rate, and smaller PEG Ratios typically indicate undervalued companies.
- Price earnings growth valuations
- Easily evaluate investment opportunities
eToro is a broker that offers access to over 25 of the world’s most popular cryptocurrencies, forex and over 1600 stocks. They have a few unique education and useability tools. Traders can begin buying and selling in as little as 10 minutes.
eToro’s unique CopyTrader feature allows new investors to “copy” the buy and sell orders of professional investors, while the company’s eToro Club feature provides investors with a range of additional education tools and resources.
- Traders looking for an easy-to-use platform
- Traders who want to practice their trades using a virtual account before entering the market
- Simple platform that is easy to master
- CopyTrader feature that allows new traders to copy the same strategies used by professionals
- Virtual dummy account that gives you $100,000 to practice trades
- High non-trading fees
Features to Look For in 5G Stock
- Earnings per share: Many 5G penny stocks have poor earning-per-share numbers. However, this metric is a good way to access the strength of the 5G company. It earmarks the amount of money available to pay shareholders after discounting all expenses, taxes and deductions. The calculation for the earnings per share is the net income minus the preferred stock dividend divided by the outstanding stockholder shares.
- Transparency: When investigating a penny stock, get accurate information. Exchange-traded penny stock companies must meet minimum listing standards. However, over-the-counter (OTC) traded companies have no minimum requirements. Some of the companies haven’t built a track record yet. Others may have products in the development stages. Either way, your risk factor tends to be lower with transparent 5G penny stocks.
- Net revenue: Net income is a sound financial measure of success for a 5G stock. It is the amount of revenue remaining after you subtract all deductions, taxes and costs. Many times, it is the most solid metric you can find for many 5G stocks. Net income can give you a good indication of a penny stock’s past performance. But, it only hints at how a stock will do in the future. Use it with other factors.
Qualities of a 5G Penny Stocks Investor
The penny stock market can be treacherous for the unprepared and reckless. It takes an investor with a high-risk tolerance to trade these securities. Developing a good risk management strategy will serve you well. With the proper preparation, you can use 5G penny stocks to gain exposure to the growth potential of the 5G era.
Benzinga's #1 Breakout Stock Every Month
Looking for stocks that are about to breakout for gains of 10%, 15%, even 20% potentially or more? The only problem is finding these stocks takes hours per day. Fortunately, Benzinga's Breakout Opportunity Newsletter that could potentially break out each and every month. You can today with this special offer: