- Through its wholly-owned subsidiary Domtar Corporation, the Paper Excellence Group has agreed to acquire Resolute Forest Products Inc RFP.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a significant stockholder of Resolute with a 40% stake, has supported the acquisition.
- The transaction brings complementary capabilities in lumber and pulp to Paper Excellence.
- Resolute will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Domtar under the auspices of the Group and continue to operate on a business-as-usual basis under the Resolute name.
- The cash portion of the merger consideration represents a premium of approximately 64% to Resolute's last closing price, representing an enterprise value of approximately $2.7 billion.
- Each Resolute share will receive $20.50 per share, together with a CVR entitling the holder to a share of future softwood lumber duty deposit refunds. Each share will be entitled to receive one CVR.
- Under the CVR, stockholders will receive refunds on approximately $500 million deposits on estimated softwood lumber duties paid by Resolute.
- Price Action: RFP shares are up 67% at $20.86 during the premarket session on the last check Wednesday.
- Photo by Capri23auto from Pixabay
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.