A deal for Microsoft Corporation MSFT to buy the company that helped develop the Siri speech technology could be announced this coming week.
- Bloomberg reported today that Microsoft is in talks to buy Nuance Communications Inc. NUAN, an artificial intelligence and speech technology company.
- The deal could value Nuance at about $56 a share, Bloomberg said, citing unnamed sources and noting that the price could change.
- That implies a valuation of about $16 billion.
- Nuance closed Friday's trading at $45.58, up 2.15% for the week.
- Nuance is known for powering the Siri speech recognition technology used by Apple Inc. AAPL
Source Image: Wikimedia Commons by BenFranske.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.