- Blackstone Inc's BX $6.3 billion buyout of Crown Resorts Ltd CWLDY got delayed pending regulatory approval despite positive shareholder approval, Reuters reports.
- Gambling regulators in New South Wales, Victoria, and Western Australia found the Crown unfit to hold gaming licenses at different times.
- Crown's license for the flagship A$2.2 billion casino skyscraper in Sydney remains suspended over a year after it was due to open. Its Melbourne casino has been operating with a government-appointed supervisor since 2021.
- James Packer, Crown's biggest shareholder, and founder will cash in his chips, worth A$3.3 billion ($2.32 billion), a decade and a half after creating the company.
- The deal's success with the U.S. private equity giant could give Packer an out from the beleaguered Australian casino firm hit by scandals and regulatory setbacks and draw the curtain on one of Australia's most storied business dynasties.
- Price Action: BX shares closed higher by 0.98% at $104.56 on Thursday.
- Photo via Company
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.